Truecaller was accused that it gives out your contact number and other details to anyone on the internet who seeks for. However, the company claims that it was a bug on their system and it was rectified now.
So, if you wish to get yourself stop being indexed by Truecaller and privacy means a lot to you then you should follow these simple steps to get yourself removed from the true caller database.
In this article, we will be guiding you through some simple steps to get yourself removed from the true caller database and protect your personal information being available to anyone who uses true caller.
1. Deactivate your Truecaller Account:
- Open TrueCaller App on your mobile.
- Head over to the Top Left corner and click on the Hamberger icon (Options).
- Click on the Settings Option.
- Select the Privacy Center from the Settings menu.
- Click on Deactivate and click Yes on the Next Prompt.
2. Unlist your number from TrueCaller:
- Visit the Truecaller Unlisting Page.
- Enter your Mobile number with country code (+91 XXXXX XXXXX).
- Complete the Captcha Verification and click on Unlist Phone Number Button.
- Click Unlist on the Confirmation Prompt.
- You will receive an alert stating your number will be removed in 24 HRS.
Checking the process:
Fetch someone who still uses Truecaller and try to search your name on the true caller search (make sure your contact is not present on their phone).
If your name misses and the information page shows only your number, Voila you’re done and you won’t be indexed by the true caller system.
Simply, you can try calling someone who has Truecaller installed. If your name doesn’t show up, you’re all done.
The overall experience in removing our details from the true caller database was very easy and streamlined. If you find any difficulties in the process, feel free to leave a comment stating your clarification.
We hope we’re informative. Thanks for spending time here.